Lori frequently writes about educational topics, including safe schools, response to student violent writing, leadership, and grant writing. See publication listing below:
- Contributing Author – Essay Submission: The Value of Violent in Student Writing. Essay contributed to a book entitled Writing Pathways to Student Success. This edited collection is being compiled by a team of literacy professors at Lander University in South Carolina. The book will be published as part of the Practice & Pedagogy series by the Writing Across the Curriculum Clearinghouse. Anticipated publication date is spring 2016.
- Peer Reviewed Publication: Brown, L. & Buskey, F. (2014). Creative Crisis: The testimony of English teachers confronted with violent writing. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy, 58 (1), 37-47. DOI: 10.1002/jaal.321
- Editor. June 2013. A Review of Flipped Learning. Literature Review. A joint publication of Pearson and the Flipped Learning Network.
- Contributing Author –Violence in Student Writing: A School Administrator’s Guide. 2013. Text authored by Dr. Gretchen Oltman.
- Contributing Writer – 2011-2012. Buncombe County Association of Educators monthly newsletter
- Contributing Writer – AsktheEnglishteacher.com. 2012. Articles related to the teaching and learning of English at website: http://Asktheenglishteacher.com
- Contributing Writer – Grant Prose Inc. 2011-Present. Provide grant or educational research articles for the monthly Grant Prose Inc. grants newsletter – http://grantproseinc.com
- Book Review: New Ways in Content-Based Instruction, September 1999 issue of the Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy
- Member and Contributing Group Author: 1998 – Asked by the NC Department of Public Instruction to serve on the North Carolina Second Language Advisory Board to revise the North Carolina Standard Course of Study For Second Languages